DEPP Collaboration Events
The DEPP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project is organising an ongoing series of events in DEPP countries to create space for DEPP stakeholders to get together and share, reflect and learn from each other.
The Disasters and Emergencies Preparedness Programme (DEPP) works to develop effective response where it is needed most, and aims at a major improvement in the way countries cope with populations caught up in a disaster or conflict. This ground breaking programme, one of the largest investments of its kind, is funded by UK Aid and managed collaboratively by the CDAC and Start Networks. Between them they leverage the expertise of more than 50 member organisations.
Working together to strengthen the quality and speed of humanitarian response is at the heart of the programme and to foster collaboration at all levels a number of events are taking place in the DEPP countries over the coming months.
These events are led by the DEPP Regional Learning Advisors, a network of learning experts that support the process of gathering, collating and sharing of evidence globally.
Working our way from west to east around the globe, upcoming events are listed below:
- Myanmar DEPP Learning Workshop on Collaborative Approaches (further details), Yangon: 22 August 2016, Summit Park View Hotel, Yangon – please contact Roger Ricafort for further details
- Pakistan Learning Hub meeting, Islamabad: 29 August 2016 – stock take of collaboration in country and launch of network mapping – please contact Shahida Arif for further details.
- Pakistan & Bangladesh ALERT prototype orientation for DEPP Learning Hub and Start Network members: 30 August 2016 – please contact Shahida Arif for further details.
- Democratic Republic of Congo Learning Hub meeting, Goma: W/c 19 September 2016 (Exact date and venue TBC) – please contact Jean-Louis Lambeau for further details.
- Kenya Learning Hub meeting, Nairobi: Week starting 3 October 2016 (Exact date and venue TBC) – please contact Jean-Louis Lambeau for further details
- Ethiopia Learning Hub meeting, Addis Ababa: Week of 25 October 2016 (Exact date and venue TBC) – please contact Helen Asnake for further details.
- Philippines Regular DEPP Learning Hub Events taking place in Manila – please contact Roger Ricafort for further details.
The 2016 DEPP Learning Conference, Nairobi: November 29th – December 1st 2016 - Bringing together DEPP stakeholders across all regions to create a space to reflect, share and learn from each other about what works in disaster preparedness.