The Future is local
Localisation of Aid: Are INGOs Walking the Talk?
In 2016, a research study “Localisation of Aid: Are INGOs walking the talk?” was commissioned to analyse the current partnerships between StP consortium INGOs and network members. The day’s discussion will offer practical measures for balanced partnerships between INGOs and local humanitarian actors.
Venue: Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9A.
Who can benefit from this workshop?
- Humanitarian directors and humanitarian leads
- A selection of reps from donors, UN agencies, partner organisations, and government
- Colleagues from across DEPP projects and countries
What will be discussed?
Session 1 - Launch of the Report Localisation of Aid: Are INGOs Walking the Talk?
This a summary of a report of the same title reviewing the current opportunities, challenges and good practice in the relationships between INGOs and local humanitarian actors. It can be accessed here.
- Anne Street, Head of Humanitarian Policy, CAFOD
- Ben Emmens, Co-author of the research
- Christina Schmalenbac, Humanitarian Capacity Building Coordinator, Oxfam (TBC)
- Evans Onyiego, Executive Director, Caritas Marala · Lola Gostelow - Independent Humanitarian Policy Adviser, The Start Network (TBC)
- Michael Mosselmans, Head of Humanitarian Policy, Practice and Advocacy, Christian Aid
Facilitated by Sonya Ruparel - Deputy Humanitarian Director, ActionAid International
How can I join?
You can sign up to the event here at Eventbrite
Where can I find more information?
For further information please download the full agenda here.
Find out more about Shifting the Power project here.
Click here to join this event