Global Innovation Demo Day
Investing in local solutions; fostering resilient communities
Innovators from three continents will be in London on 8 May to seek funding and partnerships to advance their start-ups for protecting people in disaster situations.
- Date: 8 May 2019
- Time: 0900-1400, including a networking lunch
- Location: Weston Roof Pavilion, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Rd, London SE1 8XX
The projects cover agribusiness, pharmaceutical solutions, tech platforms for disaster management, low-cost housing, early warning devices and disaster education tools.
They are backed by four innovation labs in Bangladesh, Kenya, Jordan and Philippines working with communities living in high-risk disaster zones to prioritise local knowledge and resources and deliver relevant long-term solutions.
Join us for an opportunity to:
- Meet the innovators and hear their stories;
- Find out about their solutions and the plans to scale them for greater impact;
- Learn how labs support the innovators; and
- Be given the first opportunity to invest in or partner with innovators.
Keynote Speaker: Social entrepreneur Bayo Adelaja, founder of Do It Now Now
The DEPP Innovation Labs, funded by UK Aid, works closely with people most affected by disasters. It takes local people with strong ideas through a programme to develop viable and sustainable solutions that build resilience to disasters. Labs promote an inclusive approach to shaping humanitarian action and place emphasis on local leadership.
Join a growing movement that places communities at the heart of international disaster management.