Start Fund Crisis Anticipation and Risk Financing Conference
Start Network is holding a Crisis Anticipation practitioner event in Bangkok on November 26th, 27th and 28th. On November 29th a design sprint on the Start Financing Facility will take place which will be the next stage in the development of Start Financing for anticipation, risk financing and response.
The objectives of the event are:
- To bring together Anticipation and Risk Financing implementers to share their experience to date
- Workshop through some key strategic issues to ensure we are going in the direction the members want and to hear the recommendations on how we proceed for the future
- Facilitate organic coordination and relationship building between Network members across a wide range of countries and contexts
- Ensure members are up to speed and benefit from our work at the global and regional policy and coordination level
- Provide a forum in which field level implementers/decision-makers can engage with each other in an informal and discursive environment
- Forge stronger linkages between Anticipation, Risk Financing and Hub Development at a practical, operational level
We are expecting participants from across our membership, from countries like the Philippines, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Nicaragua and Madagascar among others. They are the Anticipators from country-level member organisations, other Start Network representatives, FOREWARN community technical experts, Hub Development representatives, and regional representatives of donors.
We will update the remote dial-in details closer to the event.