The pool of funds is live for 12 months. In this period, risks are monitored during each country’s risk season. Each disaster risk financing system will have a contingency plan that defines the danger thresholds for these risks. When these thresholds are met, funding is immediately released so that NGOs can anticipate and respond to risks earlier.
The countries and hazards that are part of Start Ready’s second pool include:
- Bangladesh - Cyclones, Riverine / Fluvial Flood
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo - Riverine / Fluvial Flood
- Madagascar - Cyclones, Drought
- Pakistan - Heatwaves, Riverine / Fluvial Flood and Drought
- The Philippines - Cyclones
- Senegal - Drought
- Somalia - Drought
The following tables outline which of the systems above have been activated so far in pool 2.