Anticipation and Early Action webinar
Learn about Start Network's Anticipation work and supporting members with early action
Start Fund Anticipation enables NGOs to prepare when they see a crisis coming and respond early to mitigate the predicted impacts.
The Start Network invites you to an Anticipation and Early Action webinar on 19th June 11:00 – 12:15 am GMT.
The Start Fund Anticipation team will deliver this webinar for Start Network members giving a detailed introduction to crisis anticipation, Start Fund Anticipation’s ongoing work in the area and how the Start Fund can support members to access funding early for anticipated crises and respond early to mitigate the predicted impacts.
Attending the webinar, member staff can expect to come away understanding:
- The concept of crisis anticipation and benefits of early action
- The Start Fund anticipation alert cycle and about raising anticipation alerts
- How The Start Network can support your organisation to conduct anticipatory work and access funding early through the Start Fund
- Tools/guidance available to help members anticipate, including examples of good forecasting information they would use when raising a crisis anticipation alert
- Types of situations and intervention activities eligible for crisis anticipation alerts
- What we have learned so far and what we are planning in the future
The format will consist of speakers from the Start Fund Anticipation team as well as giving an opportunity for questions. Speakers will include:
- Emma Flaherty, Anticipation Adviser and Project Manager
- Sarah Klassen, Anticipation Technical Adviser, Analysis
- Sarah Barr, Anticipation Technical Adviser, Evidence and Learning
- Megan Lilley, Anticipation Adviser Partnerships
- Ed Parkinson, Anticipation Programme Officer
The webinar will be accessible via Zoom platform at https://zoom.us/s/881505267 on 19th June 11:00 – 12:15 am GMT and will be in English.
Or join by phone/ Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): United Kingdom: +44 203 966 3809 or +44 203 695 0088
Webinar ID: 881 505 267 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abNQR9zIjH
If you have any questions please contact Ed at email@example.com.
Please note this webinar is for Start Network members and their staff.
Read more about Start Fund Anticipation.