Join the network for change
Start Network opens applications for membership
The Start Network is taking applications for membership from registered charities with a commitment to internationally recognised humanitarian principles and standards.
This year the Start Network opened membership to organisations outside of the UK and in 2016 we aim to grow the global presence of our membership even further in order to increase the reach and impact of our activities.
Membership of the Start Network offers;
- An opportunity to influence the new global mechanisms being created by the Start Network.
- Access to new business models and resources that are not ordinarily available to single organisations.
- Opportunities to build capability and build partnerships globally.
Criteria for membership includes;
- A registered charity or equivalent, in good standing with three years’ of clean accounts and no outstanding governance issues
- A signatory to and complies with one of the following (where applicable); the Red Cross Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Charter; the Core Humanitarian Standards; and; IASC Code of Conduct on protection from sexual harassment in Humanitarian Crisis.
- Able to account for the performance of any programme implemented with funds provided by the Start Network
- Committed to shared goals that go beyond the interests of the individual applicant;
- In a position to make a discernible and unique contribution to the Start Network;
- Subscribes to the Start Network’s Foundational Principles.
Membership applications will be evaluated on their own merits, and applications that are ‘sponsored’ by an existing Member will be preferentially evaluated, because it will imply a partnership to support and mentor the new organisation into the culture and activities of the Start Network. The sponsoring organisation will take some responsibility for helping the new organisation to join and maximise the benefits from Membership.
If your organisation is interested, your chief executive should submit a written statement in support of your application, outlining the contribution your organisation will make, and underlining your commitment to shared goals.
Additional pre-qualification criteria will be applied for access to the Start Fund, in line with donors’ due diligence considerations and legal requirements. Membership is for three years with an annual break clause.
Applications should be sent to Cem Gurkan, Start Network Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 13 January 2016.