Start Network is keen to open the opportunity for its members to support the management and implementation of the Anticipatory Action and Disaster Risk Financing Training Programme together with Harvard Humanitarian Initiative and other Global South Universities.
What is AA and DRF training programme?
It is a set of training courses for Start Network members, their local partners and other relevant external stakeholders on anticipatory action (AA) and disaster risk financing (DRF). The objectives for these courses are as follows:
- The network of members/hubs are able to identify what national DRF systems to develop and how to build them. Able to raise timely, quality Start Fund anticipation alerts. And able to apply successfully for protection from Start Ready.
- National and Local staff within member agencies (of these national networks) are trained to a high level on the different areas of the Building Blocks, resulting in a network of AA and DRF experts, trainers and practitioners across the different blocks.
- Staff and organisations (that are part of these national networks) are within an environment which is supportive of them developing locally led national DRF systems and anticipatory action.
Start Network believe that these objectives can be achieved through various activities such as:
- Networks/hubs have access to training and capacity development support in Anticipation and DRF Systems and accessing the Start Fund and Start Ready.
- Individual staff of network members with a focus on national staff and those within local organisations have access to and undergo in-depth technical accredited training and capacity development on the Building Blocks.
- The enabling environment of whole INGO members and eternal stakeholder organisations to the Network have access to training on Start Fund Anticipation and Start Ready DRF Systems.
What is needed from the interested members when partnering with SN and HHI?
We hope from the interested members to share their experience, utilise their resources (knowledge, human, funds and operational assets) and co-manage this training programme with Start Network and HHI.
Why might members be interested to partner?
We hope that this training programme will be beneficial for the whole humanitarian/development community through expanding the knowledge on anticipatory action and DRF systems. The interested partners will be part of this contribution that will recognise their agencies in this movement.
Additionally, the interested partners will have additional seats for their trained team in this programme according to their level of contribution.
How can members apply?
Kindly share your EOI- expression of interest letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
By 20 Dec 2022, then follow up discussions will be made starting from Jan 2023 between Start Network, HHI and all interested members.
For more details on this call please access the full version here.