The monthly risk briefing reports on new, emerging or deteriorating situations; therefore, ongoing events that are considered to be unchanged are not featured and risks that are beyond the scope and scale of the Start Fund are also not featured.
It is collated by the Start Network Anticipation and Risk Financing team using information from academia and research institutes, government departments, ACAPS, global risk indexes, risk information provided by Start Members and their partners, and the media. Key risks are shared and collated each month with FOREWARN input.
High risks this month include conflict and displacement in Syria and Iraq.
Medium & low risks include:
- Flooding in Burkina Faso, Chad, Eritrea, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, and Sudan (Medium risk)
- Conflict and Displacement in Papua New Guinea (Medium risk)
- Hurricane Season in the Atlantic (Medium risk)
- Conflict and Displacement in Sri Lanka (Low risk)
- Monkey Pox in Nigeria (Low risk)