What we do
Our aim is to deliver effective aid, harnessing the power and knowledge of the network to make faster and better decisions to help people affected by crises – while developing more effective ways of doing so, and new approaches to reduce the scale of human suffering.
Our areas of work
The world’s first pooled rapid response fund managed solely by NGOs.
- underfunded emergencies
- early response
- fast response
Wide-ranging practical experiments in enabling local communities to prepare for disasters.
- 14 projects in 10 countries
- 44 organisations involved
- Total disbursed: £30m over three years
Testing innovative solutions to humanitarian financing and decision making.
- 2 insurance products being tested and taken to scale
- A pilot blockchain platform for the Start Fund
Taking collaboration in design and delivery to a new level.
- 7.7m people reached
- 10 countries
- Total disbursed: £31m