This report summarises research for the Global Start Fund on climate change impacts on small and medium-scale crises. It also explores options the Start Fund could consider to build on its current strengths within this new context. The report is written around six connected themes that emerged from the research:
- Evolving risk landscape in a changing climate;
- Enhancing resilience through localisation;
- Anticipatory action to support early response and early recovery;
- Green humanitarian action;
- Raising climate consciousness; and
- Finance and Resources
The report seeks to emphasise the urgency and scale of the crisis we all face. Now is the time for urgent change for all humanitarians.